A Little About Me

 About Me:

I am really looking forward to this semester!

Hello, hello! I'm Stormie. (No really! That's my name, not an adjective to describe me XD ). Three adjectives I would use to describe myself are: Active, Enthusiastic, and Extra. 

I'm pursuing a Masters of Geographic Information Systems Administration (GIS) program. GIS first entered my orbit while working on a report about superfund sites for an environmental law class during my undergrad. I was (and still am) amazed at how much information is out there if you only know where to look. 

I have my bachelor's in Horticultural Science from North Carolina State University. I spent a few years in Atlanta before quitting my full-time job to pursue my love of adventure and the outdoors. For a few years after that, I traveled around taking seasonal jobs with the National Parks Service and The Forest Service in places like North Georgia, Alabama, and Arizona.  It was these experiences that led me back to school. I am hoping to take everything I learn and apply it to environmental conservation, restoration, or protection.

I now teach a handful of Horticulture classes remotely and have been enjoying a series of summer trips with my partner. When I am not studying or working, you can find me running, doing yoga, cooking, or making something with my hands. 

Happy mapping,

Stormie 




Comments